Here is a number of integration approaches you can use for the Glownet API for Ticketing and Accreditation partners
This is a recommended initial approach for small partners with <1000 tickets. You publish your API calls to GET Tickets and Ticket Types for a particular event on Zapier (zapier.com). We connect it to our system. No development, no changes inside your system, very low maintenance and this can be used by all of your other partners.
There are two scenarios:
- [REALTIME] - If your system offers web hooks to notify once a new ticket was sold / issued
- [EVERY 5 MIN] - If your system just offers the GET web service for all tickets of a particular event
In this case your system is using Glownet API to post new tickets as they are being sold / issued.
- Manually configure the Glownet API authentication for the event on which we are collaborating
- Each time a new ticket type is created / edited, notify the Glownet API and store the returned ticket_type_id value
- Each time a ticket is sold / issued, use a queue to process API notifications asynchronously from customer purchase process and not slow it down
- Notify the Glownet API of new tickets as you process the queue
Further automation you might want to add
- Infrastructure to hold the integration parameters per-event
- Admin panel UI to enable/disable Glownet integration and provide Glownet username / password
In this case you regularly run a scheduled script to post the updates to the Glownet system.
Recommended steps for the script
- Authenticate with a given event
- Post/update the ticket types and receive the ticket_type_id in relation to your system ticket types
- Bulk post all the tickets that were not yet submitted in the past
- Mark the tickets that were sent as submitted in your system / config table